[Help] How do I find out who has to sign off on ST80 changes?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Jan 2 12:54:09 UTC 2006

Hi!

Cees De Groot <cdegroot at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/2/06, Peace Jerome <peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > So how do I find the team leader who does the signing
> > off on that?
> >
> Good question. I think this might be a nice task for something like
> SqueakMap. Or maybe we could setup <packageInfo>@squeak.org forwarding
> to the appropriate email address. Come to think of it, this might be
> TSTTCPW.
>
> For the matter at hand, however, there´s no team at the moment. So
> you´ll have to take it up with the 3.9a release team.

Let me repeat myself a bit:

For every Steward team there should be an SM package with a PI field
filled in, like the Network team has:
	http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/network

This makes sure we have enough info to map any piece of code to actual
developers and their emails!

Code for this is in PackageInfo-Extras (Ned merged my stuff which gives
you extra menu choices in the changesorters into his stuff) but I fear
it got barfed a bit because it doesn't seem to work properly, but the
idea is to use PackageOrganizer to find the PI for a piece of code and
then find the SM package and developers/emails from that.

So if we pretend we have already figured out the PI for the code at hand
then we can:

| package allDevs emails |
package := SMSqueakMap default packageWithPI: 'Network'.
allDevs := package maintainers copyWith: package owner.
emails := allDevs collect: [:dev | dev email]

...which gives:
 an OrderedCollection('ken at kencausey.com' 'm.rueger at acm.org'
'goran at krampe.se')

...or just use the newly added "feedbackEmail" typically pointing to a
list:
(SMSqueakMap default packageWithPI: 'Network') feedbackEmail

...which gives:
'network at lists.squeakfoundation.org'

Anyway, I will try to get PackageInfo-Extras fixed and included - it is
a really nice extension to the changesorters to enable "direct" feedback
to the maintainers of fixes (it does changeset splitting etc based on
PIs).

regards, Göran