HTTP server choices?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Tue Jan 3 22:50:26 UTC 2006

Andreas Raab wrote:

> Interesting. Are people actually using Swazoo in production settings? (I
> thought Swazoo was more like one of those "let's do it from scratch and
> do it Right(tm)" regardless of the realities out there ;-) But I'll
> definitely check it out.

I am. Kom is elegant - very modular and configurable. What I like about
Swazoo-Listener is that it's *not* modular and configurable. It's small
and simple, and it was trivial to write a little adapter to pass
requests off to Seaside.

This is perfect for running a Seaside app in a larger, Apache-hosted
site, since Apache is plenty modular and configurable too, and you
probably want it handling things like logging, static files etc. I use
mod_proxy to map forward requests to Squeak.

Note that I don't know much about the performance of Swazoo. My site is
low volume, so it doesn't matter much, and I haven't measured.