Network+Files teams merge into I/O team

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Wed Jan 4 21:02:58 UTC 2006

stéphane ducasse wrote:

> for VW we should pay attention not to reproduce their idea to raise
> an exception when Stream EOF (if I remember)
> since I gave us a lot of trouble. I could asked roel the problem with
> got with that.
>
> Stef

I think that the problem is that it is a Notification.  Easily ignored
but as soon as you put a "catch all" handler ([] on: Exception do: [:ex|
...]) around a segment which raises it you all-of-a-sudden start seeing
these exceptions.  I could be wrong here but I think that's the
problem.  I think that catching Exception is generally not a good idea
though.

David