Class compilation...

Simon Kirk Simon.Kirk at pinesoft.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 16:06:38 UTC 2006

Hi all, Happy New Year and all that!

I'm writing some stuff at the moment that involves a fair amount of
Smalltalk code generation, both the creation of new classes, the
compilation of methods on those new classes, and the addition of
instance variables (again on the new classes).

I've noticed that the addition of the variables results in the little
dialogues that pop up when one, say, upgrades a package from SqueakMap
(a little oval saying "[re]compiling fooclass"). I'd really like these
to pop up while I'm compiling all my generated classes, as well as when
adding the instance variables later on, but I can't see where or how.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Simon