[ANN] new version of AudioVideoLib available

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jan 7 15:53:09 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 04:13:44PM +0100, Martin Kuball wrote:

> 1. I have a script with some code snippets that show how to use the
> lib. How can I include this into a SqueakMap package?

A good way to do this is by distributing a SAR file. Load package
SARBuilder from Squeak Map. It is simple and flexible though not
too well documented. I have used this for distributing OSProcess
and CommandShell, but the SAR files for these are built directly
from my image, not linked to SqueakSource.

It is possible to have Monticello files in the SAR (see the comment
in SARInstaller>>fileInMonticelloPackageNamed:) but I do not know how
to make this work with SqueakSource or vice versa. It seems like it
must be an easy thing to do, but I have not figured it out. If anyone
knows the answer, please advise.

Dave