[ANN] new version of AudioVideoLib available

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 17:42:57 UTC 2006

> > 1. I have a script with some code snippets that show how to use the
> > lib. How can I include this into a SqueakMap package?
>
> A good way to do this is by distributing a SAR file. Load package
> SARBuilder from Squeak Map. It is simple and flexible though not
> too well documented. I have used this for distributing OSProcess
> and CommandShell, but the SAR files for these are built directly
> from my image, not linked to SqueakSource.
>
> It is possible to have Monticello files in the SAR (see the comment
> in SARInstaller>>fileInMonticelloPackageNamed:) but I do not know how
> to make this work with SqueakSource or vice versa. It seems like it
> must be an easy thing to do, but I have not figured it out. If anyone
> knows the answer, please advise.

Have a look at the source-code of 'Magritte', 'Pier' or 'Pier Unix
Security' on SqueakMap; they all use the included MADistribution and
respective subclasses to bundle prerequisites and monticello files, I
think this works out quite well. The only thing I do to create a new
release on SqueakMap is to evaluate the following expressions:

MADistribution new publish.
PRDistirbution new publish. or
PUDistirbution new publish.

I try to be lazy (or spend my time with more interesting things) ;-)

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch