News from SqueakFoundation

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 10:04:07 UTC 2006

On Jan 7, 2006, at 10:56 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:
> Here is a list of items that we would like to pay some people to
> work on :
> 	- Speeding up MC loading (may be a kind of parcel for Squeak or
> imageSegments)

The single biggest bottleneck in using MC is the time taken to get
the source code and timestamp for a given CompiledMethod.  For this
reason, and others - if we're offering bounties, I would contribute
some funding to a project to get rid of the dependence on
the .changes file and allow alternate source code storage schemes (an
acceptable start would be to simply keep all of the method source as
strings inside the image).

Avi