Updated first page on www.squeak.org

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 15:38:23 UTC 2006

On 1/8/06, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cees, I find it extremely rude that you dare to write something like
> that in a public mailing list while using big parts of SmallWiki in
> your own code.

I was talking about SmallWiki the "product". And the "big parts" is
actually one part, the document structure. I don't know whether it's a
big part or not (it's an important part, for sure), but even
correcting for that part would not prompt me to put a 'powered by
smallwiki' button on pages that use that code. Using a class library
that is a part of a product just feels different from using the whole
product, lock, stock and barrel.

So, yes, you're correct that I use a part of SmallWiki, but not in the
sense that I would think of putting a button on pages using the code
(in fact, I'm not too 'button-trigger-happy' anyway). I think you're
overreacting by calling that extremely rude.

> For SmallWiki 1 there is
> http://renggli.freezope.org/programming/smalltalk/smallwiki/smallwiki-powered.png

Good - that looks more like something the squeak.org frontpage should use.