Squeak and bluetooth

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Mon Jan 9 09:29:04 UTC 2006

Sure. AFAIK the BlueZ lib, which is the base for the Linux BlueS
implementation, is Linux-only, so you couldn't use it anyway.

But the BlueS project consists of two parts. First, the high-level
BlueS API which should be very much platform-independent:

	http://lisa.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~eldeh/squeak/blues/doc/
kernel_sample_session.txt

and secondly, the low-level Linux implementation, wrapping the Linux
library:

	http://lisa.math.uni-magdeburg.de/~eldeh/squeak/blues/doc/
linux_wrapper_sample_session.txt

It would be very nice if your implementation would also conform to
the high-level interface, so we would have the two major platforms
covered ;-)

As for your questions, yes, FFI is just fine for this. And I'd
recommend Carbon.

For a bit of working recent Carbon FFI code have a look at

	http://source.impara.de/Sophie.html

The "Files-Locations" package uses FFI calls to locate system folders.

- Bert -