About squeak image compatibility (3.6/7/8)

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:21:34 UTC 2006

On 1/9/06, Blake <blake at kingdomrpg.com> wrote:
> I would hope not. But my ability to contribute meaningfully at all would
> have a lot to do with what was broken. And of course, I'm on a tight
> schedule: I have to teach my kids before they grow up.<s>

As far as I know, nothing is broken in Alice at the moment. It´s just
so that if it´s dropped by the 3.9a team, someone needs to pick it up
and make sure that it doesn´t break in the future :)

> Formal specification-wise: Would it help? Or would it just ossify things
> further?

I don´t think it would help a lot. I´d rather spend time on my
automatic upgrade idea than on writing specs - the former embraces
change, the latter resists it...