Followup on Request for an image with all changes from 3.0 to the beginning of 3.9

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Mon Jan 9 17:39:38 UTC 2006

Alright, I went ahead and put together a Squeak3.9a.from3.0
image/changes zip with the comprehensive changes file for everyone's
convenience.  It's available at
http://ftp.squeak.org/images_with_all_changes/ .

In theory, anyone could volunteer to create the latest version of this
image, basically all you really have to do is take the previous one and
do a "load updates", babysit it while it runs for a while, and then save
it when you get to the next version.

(Although in this particular case, you did have to know not to take the
dead-end 3.9alpha path halfway through the updates... this one had to go
straight to 3.8 final, and then the incantation to move to 3.9alpha was
done.  This image is right at the beginning of the new 3.9alpha: 6665.)

So, all the changesets and method versions are there.  Look at
SystemWindow>>initialize for a nice long list of method versions. :)
Note however that the "find original changeset" menu in the versions
browser won't work for most of the older method versions, as the changes
file was re-genned during 3.8alpha because of the m17n changes, which
somehow resets those version-to-changeset pointers.

- Doug