[OT] a few form factor ramblings

David Faught dave_faught at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 18:48:08 UTC 2006

You may have seen the Pepper Pad (at http://www.pepper.com/), but when
I looked at this form factor, I thought "Why didn't they put a
full-size split keyboard on the back?"  I'm not a big fan of these
little thumb-keyboards, and it seems like holding this kind of pad with
the thumbs on top and the fingers wrapped around the sides to a split
keyboard on the bottom would be a very natural position.  This
arrangement wouldn't require any more width, but the keyboard on the
back would add a bit of depth to the pad.  Some kind of keyboard
lockout mechanism, or some little feet just higher than the keys, would
help when setting it down.  The only drawback is that I'm a crummy
touch-typist and wouldn't be able to see the letters on the keys when
typing.  I guess I could get used to that eventually ...