Adding a new imediate type

Alan Lovejoy squeak-dev.sourcery at forum-mail.net
Wed Jan 11 05:47:48 UTC 2006

Andreas wrote: "The warning you get when you try to change UndefinedObject
is just that
- a warning that you should't do that but you can actually safely ignore it.
I just did (for the fun of it)."

When I tried it in a 3.7 image, it went into "not responding" mode--and
stayed there for so long that I finally killed it.  The machine I used uses
an AMD FX-55 and has 2GB RAM.

I got the same result when I tried in the early '90s in VisualWorks, and the
explanation for the failure I came up with was as I have already recounted
it.

Has something that might affect the result been changed since 3.7?