Questions about the squeak license

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Jan 11 10:13:08 UTC 2006

Hi all

Here is a list of question I have about the squeak license and the
answers I think.
I know that it seems naive, silly.... still I would like to have
answers to these questions.

	- Can I distribute freely applications in Squeak?
		yes

	- Do I have to pay anything for runtime?
		no

	- What is my responsibility if the user gets damaged by using my
software
		using MIT for my code, the user takes the risks to use my software

	- What is my responsibility as a distributor of Squeak if the user
gets damaged
	by using Squeak?
		???

	- Can I distribute a Squeak image with my code loaded?
		yes

	- Can I distribute the code of my application?
		yes

	- Should I include the Squeak-L license for my code?
		no

	- Can I change the license of Squeak when I distribute my code?
		no

	- Can I modify the Squeak distribution?
		yes

	- Can I modify the squeak distribution and distribute my own version?
		yes

	- Can I use any license I want for my code?
		yes

	- Do I have to make my code under the Squeak license?
		no

	- Do I have to give back the fixes I do in the Squeak distribution?
		yes

	- Can I sell my application?
		yes

	- Can Apple attack me because I'm developing in Squeak?
		no