Lost with Squeak development

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jan 12 11:23:24 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 11:53:44AM +0100, Samuel Tardieu wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Running "make" yields an error about the "fptr" type not being
> defined. I updated the platforms/unix/src32 directory with a fresh run
> of the latest VMMaker available on SqueakMap, and get the same error.
>
> Obviously, something is wrong here. I remember having seen the very
> same error one year ago or so.
>
> Anyone knowing what's going on?

Clean out your build directory completely, run configure again, then
make. Sometimes the configuration will get out of whack if you have
updated the VMM or platforms sources since the last time you ran
configure.

At the moment, the unix platform sources are probably missing
a function sqGetFilenameFromString(). If so you can patch something
like this into the interpreter to get things working:

sqInt sqGetFilenameFromString(char *aCharBuffer, char *aFilenameString, sqInt filenameLength, sqInt aBoolean) {
        strncpy(aCharBuffer, aFilenameString, filenameLength);
        aCharBuffer[filenameLength] = 0;
}

Dave