Seaside/Ruby on Rails/.Net/etc. (was Re: Seaside Examples?)

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Thu Jan 12 21:05:40 UTC 2006

I'm working on an article on Seaside for DevSource (which is oriented
around Windows programmers, but which the editors have also found that
actual code, regardless of platform, is more attractive to readers than
anything else) and was wondering if anyone here had any experiences they
wanted to share on using Seaside versus using other technologies.

It appears to me that all these technologies are primarily concerned with
preserving state in the stateless environment of the web. Is there more to
it than that, really?

Also, is there an advantage, do y'all think, in Smalltalk having a plug-in
VM? That is to say, do you think it's easier to segue from Seaside to a
rich-client type experience in Smalltalk than these other technologies?