What to do with the PlusTools

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Sat Jan 14 09:30:44 UTC 2006

Il giorno ven, 13/01/2006 alle 20.36 +0100, stéphane ducasse ha scritto:
> hi all
>
> I think that without an effort (we need help) we will have to remove
> the PlusTool (ie
> the tools that are using the ToolBuilder framework and this would be
> a pity since this is the way to go
> so that we can get Tweak or Morphic) since we have now a lot of
> duplicated code.
>
> I'm looking for ideas:
> 	- removing the current tool set and losing some of the enh
> 	- removing the PlusTool with the risk that this effort is lost
> 	- keeping both is not a good idea.

Another idea is dropping them for the moment, but immediately starting
planning and executing a gradual substitution of the Morphic tools with
the ToolBuilder equivalent. At the same time, don't accept any new tools
or new versions of existing tools unless they use ToolBuilder.

I'm not really fond of this idea, but it could work without losing the
enh which already are in the image.

	Giovanni