What to do with the PlusTools

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Jan 16 08:58:02 UTC 2006

Cees De Groot wrote:
> On 1/15/06, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>>That I now find
>>bugs assigned to me for a package that for all intents and purposes of
>>Squeak-dev I do not and have no intention to maintain, goes too far.
>
> Err... insofar you are referencing bugs that I "assigned" to you, IIRC
> these couple of instances were all paired with questions about your
> intentions, hardly with an assignment to fix them...

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I am referring to

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2486
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2493
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=2494

which were all assigned to me (I've reassigned them since). And I think
I've made my intentions clear in this post:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2005-November/096901.html

> Anyway, a Tools team is in order, and I'd rather would have them go
> with PlusTools than with the current toolset as a starting point.

If you wish to do that, I can't stop you. Just be aware that I have no
plans and intentions to join that team. And please, stop assigning these
bugs to me.

> Brian Brown leads a ToolBuilder team, which hasn't been very active -
> maybe it is an idea to rename it and change the focus?

Bad idea. ToolBuilder is a framework, the tools are an application. You
don't reassign framework people to any specific application (not as long
as you want the framework be usable outside of that application).

Regards,
   - Andreas