Recovering from "Unwind error during termination"?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jan 17 00:57:23 UTC 2006

On 16-Jan-06, at 4:46 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Hi -
>
> I just had an "Unwind error during termination" from which I was
> only able to recover by hand-editing the underlying debugger. It
> seems that trying to abort or otherwise closing the window will
> result in another unwind error which leaves one in precisely the
> same situation as before. Has anyone seen that problem before, and
> if so, has any idea how to fix that?
I've noticed this a few times when using the TestRunner and
abandoning a failed test. I *think* when I open a debugger on a test
that fails an assert is when it happens. I look, see what is wrong
and closes the debugger. Sometimes a little while after that I get
this error. Normally I can get rid of it after closing the notifier,
sometimes several of them. Once I vaguely recall having to simply
abandon an image.
My only thought on the cause relate to the fact that the testrunner
uses another process to run the tests and unwinding across processes
may well be an issue.

tim
Useful random insult:- Got into the gene pool while the lifeguard
wasn't watching.