so I downloaded the stable squeak for my OS X box...

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Tue Jan 17 21:58:11 UTC 2006

Michael Kohout wrote:

> and now, I'm trying to fiddle with the named primitive stuff.  I
> understand that I need to have the source of the VM in order to do
> this, but I'm confused.  What version of the source am I using?  Am I
> using the UNIX version?  A mac version?
>
> I checked out head from the subversion repository but setting up the
> build environment seems mind boggling.  And confusing, since I don't
> know what VM I'm using.
>
> woe is me and thanks for your help.

I imagine you're using the MAC version, but I don't know much about the
Mac version.
In general, it can be a chore at first to set up and understand. There
are very helpful people here, but you might first search this email
archive as it's been discussed  before. Also check out the swiki. (see
links on the main site: www.squeak.org)

There's also a VM ml:

   <vm-dev-subscribe at discuss.squeakfoundation.org>