Quicktime in Squeak

Josh Gargus schwa at fastmail.us
Wed Jan 18 07:37:41 UTC 2006

I grabbed some of the latest Sophie stuff:

Network-URI-swr.12.mcz
Files-Locations-JMM.23.mcz
Sophie-FFI-Mac-JMM.6.mcz
Sophie-Quicktime-swr.4.mcz

However, I can't make any of the examples work.  Both
SophieQuickTimeMovie>>example and SophieQuickTimeMovie>>example2
crash the VM.
The first problem is in
#callQTNewDataReferenceFromFullPathCFString:style:flags: ,  where the
FFI call to
#apiCFStringCreateWithBytesAllocator:buffer:size:encoding:external:
fails.  I thought this might be because the 'allocator' needed to be
0 instead of nil, but that didn't fix things.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh