The state of the Squeak community

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jan 19 01:44:38 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 08:26:26PM +0100, Martin Wirblat wrote:
> Cees De Groot wrote:
>
> > - Advise, I repeat: advise, the 3.9a team. They're entirely free to
> > completely ignore the outcome of this stuff, although if many many
> > many people vote for something and they don't do it, it'd be nice if
> > they'd give a reason;
>
> A few people play leaders and they feel free to completely ignore the
> complete community. You described exactly the sad state of Squeak today.

That's not fair. Cees is going to a good deal of trouble to *get*
our input, and he is setting clear expectations so that we know it
will be treated is *input*. He is also making it clear that he is
not arbitrarily changing the rules or the process; he's just trying
to make it work well by getting more input and advice from all of us.
This is a good thing.

Dave