Jason Rogers jacaetevha at
Thu Jan 19 15:01:12 UTC 2006

On 1/19/06, stéphane ducasse <ducasse at> wrote:
> Hi Nigel,
> This is true that the support for refactorings could be better.
> In VisualWorks the refactoring engine is integrated and the default
> browser.
> Now for 3.9 we are trying to integrate the RB engine everywhere with
> shortcut support
> and I strongly believe that Squeak could be much better than the one
> in VisualWorks :) but we
> need to people to help.

Another nice-to-have-feature-that-is-way-beyond-me is to have scoped
renaming of a method.  I hate having to rename a method manually and
delete the old named one, then update my code that was using the old
method just because the parent of my class defined a method with the
same selector.

Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ..."
    Galatians 2:20