[Tweak] Tweak in Browser Plugin

Eric Fournier emf at umn.edu
Fri Jan 20 02:24:21 UTC 2006

On Jan 19, 2006, at 4:49 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 19.01.2006 um 23:41 schrieb Fournier Eric:
>
>> I'm successfully running Tweak now in a browser window via the
>> NPSqueak plugin. Everything runs bug-equivalent (so far) with the
>> standalone version with the exception of...
>>
>> Several keys are mapped oddly from the keyboard when in the Tweak
>> environment. s,w,h,b, the return key, some others(?) are being
>> paired with control characters only in Tweak, only in browser. I
>> can run same image standalone and have no troubles.
>>
>> The plugin is v3.5.3C1, and we are using much newer (assuming that
>> plugin version maps to VM version) standalone VMs (3.8.8b14,
>> 3.8.9b7).
>>
>> I scanned through the image looking for some 'I'm in a browser so
>> do this weird stuff with keystrokes' code, but found nothing.
>
> Sounds like a keycode problem (see
> CMacOSPlatform>>macVirtualKeycodes). What does "Smalltalk
> vmVersion" say in the plugin?

After doing some installation updating:

  'Squeak3.8 of ''5 May 2005'' [latest update: #6665] 1.5'

The Mac Finder's info on NPSqueakStubCFM is 3.5.1bC1; NPSqueak.bundle
is 3.8.8b7.

I mentioned the issue to one of the Croquet programmers (also running
Tweak), and he (Peter Moore) mentioned that he recalled that we have
seen this problem before (in standalone Squeak). He thinks one of the
other guys might have a workaround. I'll check that out tommorrow.

Thanks.

--Eric