yet another smallest snapshot, and a visualization

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat Jan 21 01:53:56 UTC 2006

Hi Craig -

>     When you run the 1337 snapshot, the virtual machine gets the object
> address ("oop") for the special-objects array from the snapshot header
> (first 60 bytes). Indirectly from that array (through the Processor and
> its active process) it finds the active context and continues execution.

This is interesting to me. Do you think it is feasable to take out all
of the process management from the VM and put it back in, say, via a
plugin? There are probably a few issues wrt. timers etc. but what I'd be
curious about is whether such a VM could be used as a step towards a
native multi-threaded version (e.g., run multiple versions of that VM to
achieve concurrency)?

Cheers,
   - Andreas