Is VM compilable with interp.c instead of gnu-interp.c ?

joshscholar at nightstudies.net joshscholar at nightstudies.net
Sat Jan 21 22:46:15 UTC 2006

I can testify that I sucessfully built and ran the 3.7 VM from interp.c.

I built the 3.7 VM with Visual C++ 6.0 under Window 2000 without trouble (I
used VMMaker to set up the sources - and I forget what else).

That gave me a traceable debug version of the VM, which may not be as useful
as it sounds since I have no way to display Squeak objects and evironments
in the debugger.

I forget the exact steps I used to build everything.  I think I got the
directions from the Swiki about a year ago, built a release version with the
version of mingw32 they recommended (and bundled in a tar somewhere?) ...
and then put together a Visual C++ project that built a debug version that
works with Microsoft's debugger..

Anyway the micrsoft build works.

Joshua Scholar