Decision processes (was: Re: The state of the Squeak community)

tim Rowledge tim at
Sun Jan 22 16:49:29 UTC 2006

On 22-Jan-06, at 8:34 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 12:13:49PM +0100, Cees De Groot wrote:
>> Anyway, I suggested last week on the SqF board list that we find a
>> 4.0
>> team lead - 3.9a is approaching beta status, and I hope the beta
>> period will be short so 4.0 development can start soon.
> '3.9' asVersion next ==> '3.10' asVersion
Exactly. The 4.0 appellation needs to be reserved for a jump to a
much cleaner system that deserves a new release of the sources file.

For a very long time we've been talking (waffling?) about making a
break and adopting a new compiled method format, cutting out a lot of
ancient backwards compatible dross, ... oh, lots. 4.0 really ought to
be that.

tim Rowledge; tim at;
Strange OpCodes: OKP: On your Knees and Pray!