Survey finally published etc

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Jan 23 09:14:28 UTC 2006

On 23.01.2006, at 08:57, goran at krampe.se wrote:

> One other thing I would like noted is that Andreas explicitly did not
> "acknowledge" the Coordinators-group in any way when we contacted
> him as
> a contact person for Croquet and Tweak, but he took the role anyway as
> an "envoy". I would only assume that goes for the current board too
> (after the merge with Stephane and Noury).
>
> So personally, when I read the recent posts about decision processes
> etc, I do it in the light of the above - with a tired ironic smile
> on my
> face.

Exactly. We (Stef, Michael and I) did, well before the Castaway thing, a
first run at a Sqf. Not democratic, more an "industrie consortium"
thing of
the projects using Squeak.

We contacted the Croquet and Tweak and Squeakland people, but we
got a response from Andreas that a) This was the dumbest Idea ever, that
b) he did not want the be involved in any such "talking clubs".
(I did not look at the exact wording, but that's how I understood it).

And shortly after that Michael had to stop his activities wrt. to a Sqf
(for "political reasons"), and we got never even a single answer from
any of the squeakland/croquet people... thus the thing was dead.

Of course, subsequent runs at the SqF did not involve Andreas,
Croquet,Tweak, Squeakland as they clearly communicated
that we are idiots and that they did not want to be involved.

       Marcus