[Morphic] I wish know when was the last image in what Nebraska performs as designed

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Jan 24 08:36:36 UTC 2006

On 24.01.2006, at 04:28, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>   Edgar,
>
>> If NebraskaServerMorph serveWorld: World don't blow the image (as
>> happened
>> to my 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9), then Markus should integrate on the
>> main, as
>> he said
>
>   It shouldn't have any technical obstacle to port the code from
> Squeakland to fix 3.8 and 3.9.  As long as the Squeaky mouse is not on
> screen, it should work.

Why were the fixes from squeakland never be integrated in 3.8? I
would guess
that especially the internatialalization related fixed would be quite
important even
for Tweak.

Especially strange is that you back then just loaded the
Connectors.sar without caring
about all the extensions it does. This looks to me looks like a
recipe for desaster.

Did squeakland at all contact the smallland people to discuss about a
shared code base?
It does no sound very good to ignore the largest squeak-in-schools
project outside of japan,
especially for bug fixes and improvements for work with older kids.

The biggest problem is, I think, that this gives a really bad
impression to people...

     Marcus