Vote on refactoring collections to use traits

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at
Tue Jan 24 13:25:42 UTC 2006

Personally, I'd love to see traits integrated and used to refactor core
things like the collections library. There've been a lot of negative
comments made about the idea, and few positive ones - I've added a vote
on for it. Please, everybody who
would like to see this happen, vote!

(Aside: why do I have no vote budget? I suppose it's because I only just
created my sqp account?)

Cees De Groot wrote:
> On 1/24/06, stéphane ducasse <ducasse at> wrote:
>> I would not so that people do not feel prisoner of traits.
>> Our goal is not to impose traits.
> Well, I think that if it's there, we should use it. Two of the larger
> class libraries can benefit tremendously from Traits. What would be a
> reason *not* to use it?
>> We should not. We are exhausted and we should soon step back and
>> only look at fixes.
> Ok. That's the team's call, of course :-)

 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] | Email: tonyg at