Using CurveMorph for build jigsaw puzzle

Peace Jerome peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 06:21:28 UTC 2006

Using CurveMorph for build jigsaw puzzle

Hi Edgar,

I took some time to think about your request. I would
not use curves or curviers to build jigsaw puzzles.
Your best bet is segmented polygons. You just need to
add enough vertices to make a good curve
approximation.

Then arrange them in the solved puzzle. Give them a
bitmapfill.
Now for each piece do two things.
Set the form of the fill to the picture of the entire
solved puzzle and the origin of each bit fill to the
same point (topLeft of the entire solved puzzle). Now
each piece shows its portion of the puzzle. You can
now scatter the pieces.

Then of course you (or someone else) has a puzzle to
solve.

-----
Why not curves.

The way they are set up now each vertex adds something
to determine how the curves are done. To get matching
edges you would need something new that hasn't been
invented yet in morphic. It's and interesting problem
but I've relegated it to a back burner. It will
require time and inspiration (which comes with time
and chance).

I thank you though for triggering some thought on the
subject.

Cheers and joy -- Jerome Peace

>Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
>on Thu Jan 19 20:34:57 CET 2006 wrote:

>Jerome:
>
>Now what your work is on new images, I wish know if
possible build jigsaw
>puzzles, in particular pieces what combine straight
and smooth segments as
>the pieces what forms the border as you could see in
the attached .jpg.

>Any tip are welcome.
>
>And for others Squeakers loving puzzles what wish
point me to math of how to