Do you think that squeak is long overdue for a Refactoring only pass.

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Jan 25 08:50:28 UTC 2006

On 25.01.2006, at 09:30, Peace Jerome wrote:

> And it seems to me that more thought must be given to
> the needs, desires, and motivation of the squeakland
> community. As I listen to what I hear on squeakdev I
> get the sense that they are "strangers" to us now. Why
> is this? How did it come about? Even if we are to go
> our separate ways we need to know why.

This was the decicion of the people behind SqueakLand.

It's not only towards squeak.org (were you can argue
that people are too focused on research and engineering).

But Projects like Smallland (who has the same children-focus)
found it impossible to cooperare with squeakland, too.

I personally am quite, how to say it, sad about this, as I am
a big fan of the "Dynamic Medium for all Ages" Idea. But
you can't force them to talk to you, in the end it's purely their
desicion.

We are now trying again an active move (from our side) to look
at all the bug-fixing that is done in the squeakland fork. A lot of
that seems to be quite important especially for the m18n things.

(I wonder if they have kind of private 3.8.1 for all related projects
like
Tweak, Sophie, Croquet, Impara... it would be quite strange not to
share to work of bugfixing basic stuff)

      Marcus