Do you think that squeak is long overdue for a Refactoring only pass.

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Wed Jan 25 13:50:00 UTC 2006

Am 25.01.2006 um 09:50 schrieb Marcus Denker:

> We are now trying again an active move (from our side) to look
> at all the bug-fixing that is done in the squeakland fork. A lot of
> that seems to be quite important especially for the m18n things.

Indeed. These fixes came from the Japanese Squeakers community and
have been integrated in the Squeakland image.

As Michael mentioned on this list a few days ago, he is trying to
gather those fixes to make a 3.8.1 release. You should coordinate
with him to avoid double work.

> (I wonder if they have kind of private 3.8.1 for all related
> projects like
> Tweak, Sophie, Croquet, Impara... it would be quite strange not to
> share to work of bugfixing basic stuff)

I've been using 3.8 as is. Occasional bugs and fixes I have posted to
Mantis and/or Squeak-Dev.

We have a packaged version of 3.8, which Andreas published and 3.9
was built from. Almost nothing changed in that packaged version until
now, the repository has been publicly accessible the whole time.

I'm pretty sure nobody is secretly fixing bugs behind your back ;-)

- Bert -