Squeak, gumstix, robots, and SmartRefStreams

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu Jan 26 03:37:26 UTC 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:53:06 -0500, Jon Hylands <jon at huv.com> wrote:

> Any ideas?

Well, to answer my own question, it appears that floats don't work reading
from a SmartRefStream on linux on a gumstix.

I did a much simpler test, that dumped an array with an Integer, a Float,
and a ScaledDecimal to a file. Reading it on my laptop works perfectly, but
on the gumstix I get the following:

#(1 1.0 4.20s2)

The Array I wrote out looks like this:

#(1 3.5 4.20s2)

Very interesting, especially since I use Floats for all my coordinates. The
gumstix may have some weird float processing issues - it doesn't support
floating point directly, so I think it uses either soft-float or kernelFP.

I sent off a message to my brother to ask him, but in the meantime I guess
I'd better see if floating point even works right on the gumstix...

Later,
Jon