SOAP system SUnit tests failing unless debugged?

Simon Kirk Simon.Kirk at pinesoft.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 14:19:52 UTC 2006

Hello all. I'm playing with the soap toolkit from SqueakMap, but
something seems to be wrong: If I run some SUnit tests (specifically
client ones - such as SoapHttpClientTestCase, or SoapCallTestCase) they
are failing, saying they cannot connect to the server (localhost, port
8823). However, if I step through the tests via debugging, right into
the point where the call is made to the server, the call appears to work
fine (a connection is made, the expected return is received).

What could be wrong here? It's almost like with the automated tests the
server is dying before the tests are ever connecting.

Cheers,