"Children First!" means ...

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Fri Jul 7 08:38:49 UTC 2006

On Jul 7, 2006, at 9:29 AM, Cees De Groot wrote:

> On 7/7/06, Alan Kay <alan.kay at squeakland.org> wrote:
>>
>>  ... Children First!
>>
>>  (It doesn't mean Squeak First, or Python or Ruby First.)
>>
> +1

+1

> I always feel that these discussions are aboutas fruitful as
> discussions about what brand screwdriver to use :-)

-1 ;-) Not for the ones who haven't understood yet, that the screws
are standard - I did not entirely realize until now, that both the
snake and the mouse could create, exchange and eat _the same_ dog food.

it is good news to me that the next Etoys version will be more
language agnostic as it is running in a net environment like a Wiki
and based on an open standard format.

> Python has a *huge* mindshare, compared to Squeak. If Alan can
> leverage that and thereby get better software, that's great.

Right.

Cheers,

Markus