OT - Squeak and the Broader Software Community

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 19:06:47 UTC 2006

On 7/7/06, Dan Shafer <dan at shafermedia.com> wrote:
> Or IS there a problem?

Not really. Well, again - there's a PR problem. But not a usability problem.

Modern UI's eat lots and lots of CPU cycles to add almost nothing in
added usability. I find Morphic to be careful with the amount of real
espace it takes, smart in the use of color (different types of windows
get different colors - now why is that not in other ui's?), and I even
don't really dislike the old fonts :-).

So, probably it's the old thing again - Squeakers don't have a
problem, nobody has an itch to scratch, and newbies get turned off so
they never get around complaining...