[Help] After you've run a postscript, how do you get it to delete itself?

Peace Jerome peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 04:28:52 UTC 2006

Hi

In 7038 (and a bunch of previous recent images) the
postscript of Unnamed1 contains

"Postscript:
..."

|repository|
repository := MCHttpRepository
                location:
'http://source.squeakfoundation.org/39a'
                user: ''
                password: ''.
(repository loadVersionFromFileNamed:
'ScriptLoader-sd.173.mcz') load.

ScriptLoader new updateFrom7025

-----

This has caught many unaware.
The changeset gets renamed and saved w/o being checked
for an active postscript. Then later someone complains
e.g.

http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3804

 andreas - 07-09-06 04:06

.... Also, *PLEASE* make sure you test your change
sets
before submitting them here - one of them had an eerie
postscript which
tried to update the entire image!!!

I figure is should be easy to add something to the
postscript so that is says

Blah. Blah. Blah.

Load the world.

"And be nice"

Some-object-representing-me removePostscript.

What I can't figure out is the incantation that
returns the Some-object-representing-me.

Yours in service, -- Jerome Peace

P.S.

If that can't be done then the changeset should at
least be named 'RemovePostscriptFirst" instead of
Unnamed1.