OmniBrowser for Squeak 3.9

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Jul 9 16:20:14 UTC 2006

On 9 juil. 06, at 17:49, Colin Putney wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2006, at 5:46 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:
>
>> Ideally I would like to remove the OB packages and be able to
>> reload it later.
>
> Huh? I don't follow.

Sorry I meant that ideally we should be able to take
	3.9 final
		remove some packages and produce 3.9 mini
	and OB should be one of the packages that we should be able to
reload in mini.

> Technically, this should be easy to do. MC can unload OB any time
> you like.

I have a technical question.
What MC does when unloading/cleaning phase. Do you check the obsolete
classes/instances?

> OTOH, are you saying you'd rather not have OB included in the
> standard 3.9 release, but be able to load it from SqueakMap? This
> actually makes a lot of sense, since a) the regular browsers are
> still present in 3.9 and b) the Traits browsers aren't ready for
> inclusion yet anyway. From my point of view it would be fine, since
> it means I can take a bit more time to deal with the changes made
> in Squeak 3.9.

If we can push a bit now this would be better. Since it takes always
more time that what we plan :)