Squeak....

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 17:33:24 UTC 2006

I'm quite sure that this mail wasn't meant for squeak-dev - the French
is sort of a dead giveaway :-) - but:

On 7/9/06, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire at ext.cri74.org> wrote:
> Là moi j'atteins mes limites de crédibilité, c'est à toi et à d'autres
> de la SqF de jouer et de souder la communauté.

Please understand, Hilaire, that AFAICT there is not a lot of support
for a vision of a single grand Squeak. My feeling is that most on the
SqF board are more interested in a minimal Squeak (really really
minimal) shepherded by the SqF, and let the community sort it out.

If you want a great, native-widgets based, Squeak IDE for general
software development - say on par with Dolphin or VAST or VW - then by
all means, go ahead. I'd welcome such an effort. And I'm sure that
we'll point to it from Squeak.org by the time it's there.

But there's really no need to wait for some sort of formal centralized
blessing here. Just do it. Assume no-one else will :)