The Insidious Postscript and what to do about it. (Was [Help] How to delete...

Peace Jerome peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 10 02:21:44 UTC 2006

Hi Stef,

How often do you open a squeak image?

Of those times how often do you check the default
changesets postscript?

The problem of the current ScriptLoading postscript is
worthy of attention because it has caught not only me
but many others. If you would check the mantis bug
reference you will see that andreas was complaining
about another innocent caught by the problem not
myself. I also remember one or two posts to the list
complaining of the postscript lying in wait for the
unsuspecting.

There is a simple solution. If you will look at and
use the attached named change set.

The next time you want to load the world edit the cs
in a text editor save it to disk and then load or
install it. This way the cs with the postscript has a
proper name and also provides for new default
postscriptless changeset.

The new postscript saved as: ScriptLoaderDoit-sd.1.cs

----

'From Squeak3.9alpha of 4 July 2005 [latest update:
#7038] on 9 July 2006 at 10:08:24 pm'!
"Postscript:
Leave the line above, and replace the rest of this
comment by a useful one.
Executable statements should follow this comment, and
should
be separated by periods, with no exclamation points
(!!).
Be sure to put any further comments in double-quotes,
like this one."

|repository|
repository := MCHttpRepository
                location:
'http://source.squeakfoundation.org/39a'
                user: ''
                password: ''.
(repository loadVersionFromFileNamed:
'ScriptLoader-sd.173.mcz') load.

ScriptLoader new updateFrom7025 .

ChangeSet newChanges: ChangeSet new .
!

----

(Hi Karl. Your suggestion was just the ticket.)

Yours in service, --Jerome Peace

>[Help] After you've run a postscript, how do you get
it to delete itself?
>stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
>Sun Jul 9 08:14:34 UTC 2006  wrote:
>

>You should check your changeset.
>
>Stef
>
>On 9 juil. 06, at 06:28, Peace Jerome wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> In 7038 (and a bunch of previous recent images) the
>> postscript of Unnamed1 contains
>>
>> "Postscript:
>> ..."

>> This has caught many unaware.
>> The changeset gets renamed and saved w/o being
checked
>> for an active postscript. Then later someone
complains