OT - Squeak and the Broader Software Community

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Mon Jul 10 04:16:25 UTC 2006

Well, if you really want to get critical, I have only two complaints
with the current UI - the look and the feel.

The feel is harder to fix but in general I agree with the earlier
poster that event handling doesn't always "feel" as solid as one
might hope.

The look I am hoping we can fix with access to OpenGL.  I don't care
if its "standard" but I would like it to be a lot "slicker".  The web
has allowed people to become more accepting of different UI as long
as it hangs together stylistically.

The key problem with Squeak's UI is that it was clearly designed by
engineers.  We ought to hire a designer to really sex it up.  I'd
toss in a kilobuck towards this.