OT - Squeak and the Broader Software Community

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:31:47 UTC 2006

>> stéphane ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> This is really important for us now we need help. Andy is working
>>> on TT
>>
>> With Sophie we have full Freetype integration, allowing us to
>> support all fonts that Freetype can read. :-)

>I knew that john contacted andy but what is the relationship between
>the two projects?

I suppose the simplest way of describing it is that I am attempting to 'harvest'
code from Sophie and Henrik, so that we can get FreeType/Subpixel-Anti-aliasing
into 3.9, or 3.10, 3.11... :)

I'll see if I get something together for people to look at.
This will only be for Windows, and similar to the last one, but now using the
latest FreeType-2.2.1, and based on 3.9.7038)

And I'll take a look at the latest Sophie code when I get a chance.

>Because I hope that andy will not be frustrated :)

Only with my own slow progress :)