Tweak mainstream in Squeak

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Mon Jul 10 15:20:34 UTC 2006

Bert Freudenberg a écrit :
> Am 10.07.2006 um 13:32 schrieb Klaus D. Witzel:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:05:48 +0200, Lex Spoon <lex at cc.gatech.edu>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hilaire is only asking what the status and expectations about a  usable
>>> Tweak are.
>>

>> Thank you Lex, that was overdue! All that Hilaire wants is  confidence
>> on which GUI will be available for the next to come  project and/or
>> customer. Not a bad question to ask a community.
>

> Agreed, but it's not one with a simple yes/no answer like Hilaire
> demanded, either.

It is.
Indeed, I was asking about the community commitment to Squeak.org
regarding Tweak. And the answer was clear. And I am not objecting
Andreas, how I could, it is free software world.
Other projects have more commitment to Squeak.org, for example Seaside
is doing so, therefore using Seaside is something with a relitively
highter level of thrust than using Tweak. Again, this is just the way
free software seems to work. Project with higher visibility attract more
users and developpers, and in turn get even more 'thrustable'.
Again I am not blaming but just pointing how free software project
evolve, and yes it is not always rewarding for the authors, but some
subtle mutual benefice is always possible.

Hilaire