OT - Squeak and the Broader Software Community

Chris Muller chris at funkyobjects.org
Mon Jul 10 17:14:04 UTC 2006

Although far from native or standard anything, "Maui" is a
direct-manipulation "IDE" that has been available for some time on
SqueakSource.  It's a naked-objects framework, so not only a direct
manipulation IDE, its direct-manipulation of the actual running UI's.

I think its fun, and a fine example how a generic, open-ended UI
framework like Morphic permits promotes creative thinking and new
ideas.  Of course, the main theme lately has been lack of support for
existing ideas...