visibility during refactoring (was "Tweak mainstream in Squeak")

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Tue Jul 11 19:31:39 UTC 2006

Hi--

	Wolfgang writes:

> this example demonstrates the main reason why I think the "full" image
> is so important: If, at the point of this refactoring (or renaming,
> whatever), the author had your OmniBrowser loaded, it would have been
> no big deal to just make the required changes.

	Or we could set up a collective of images, each of which has some
subsystem of interest loaded, and is accessible via remote messaging.
People using their own images could issue "senders of", and so on, to
those images collectively, and get answers without having to load any of
those subsystems locally.

	Each person could make a local image available to the collective
(perhaps "read-only"), forming a peer-to-peer network that supports
community development.

-C

--
Craig Latta