Once Again on Deployment

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Jul 13 20:00:26 UTC 2006

On 13-Jul-06, at 10:39 AM, tim Rowledge wrote:

> By comparison a not-terribly recent squeak 3.9 zip is 13Mb and the
> vm is about 6Mb (which is insane but this is after all OSX. ON RISC
> OS it is about 1Mb)

I should note the mac vm only contains 5.2mb of executable code, the
other bits are pretty graphics for the Finder.
The 5.2mb is also misleading since that includes both the intel and
powerpc version so the VM is roughly 2.6 MB for a platform.
that compares well with the flight tracker widget for dashboard which
is 2.5MB

===