Preference higherPerformance in 3.9 and noise

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Fri Jul 14 07:14:49 UTC 2006

I wonder too... this caused us some headache because a few images
running on a slow test server already used up all cpu.

The high cpu usage first appeared in 6706, exactly when traits were
introduced. So, my first guess was that there was something wrong
with traits...
But apparently this is caused by this preference which has been
manually enable in the distribution image: in a 6705 image the
preference is set to false, and after updating this image to 6706 it
is still disabled. So, was the change intended?

Adrian