mouseOverForKeyboardFocus rocks

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Sat Jul 15 02:49:49 UTC 2006

On 7/14/06, Chris Muller <chris at funkyobjects.org> wrote:
> You still need to click to get focus to another window but, for the top
> window, simply mousing over the various panes should transfer focus to
> those panes.

This is not at all how it is working for me.

With mouseOverForKeyboardFocus preference OFF I get the behaviour you
describe, Chris.

With it turned ON, I only need to mouse over a new window to give it
focus.  This is like 'strict focus follows mouse' in Windows and X.
However some windows don't take kindly to losing the focus and getting
it back again like this - Transcript and Workspace need a click before
they will accept text entry to their edit panes.

Anyway, it doesn't do to labour the point, as it is too late to
propose these ideas for the 3.9 branch (maybe 3.10 ?)  I need to look
at Bill's changeset, and at non-squeakland distributions, before I
discuss it any further.

David