Kernel image and SUnit

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Sat Jul 15 11:44:41 UTC 2006

Hi Klaus,

On 7/9/06, Klaus D. Witzel <klaus.witzel at cobss.com> wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>
> on Thu, 06 Jul 2006 22:39:21 +0200, you wrote:
>
> > I have tried to import SUnit into the 3.9 kernel image. I have simply
> > exported and extracted MC package. SUnit tests passed without errors.
>
> This is a great improvement, thanx a lot!
>
> > Then I have tried tests from category KernelTests-Objects (with
> > Tests-Utilities).
> > Only three tests failed:
> >  - 2-times testNewTileMorphRepresentative (surprisingly if we have no
> > Morphic :-)
> >  - testClassCommnet WeakMessageSendTest (the class has no comment, it
> > fails in original image too)
> >
> > So good news, we have well working SUnit for this image.
>
> :)
>
> > -- Pavel
>
> I tried to reproduce a 7033boot.image using your 01-10 files. In
>
> 05 - ChangesOrganizer.st
>
> is begins with XxxObject subclass: #ChangesOrganizer but there is no
> XxxObject?

Class XxxObject is part of mirrors so it isn't relevant problem but I
will fix it, thanks.

> BTW: I'm about to color the methods used in your kernel. For example:
> level 1 : methods invoked by image startup
> level 2 : methods invoked by level 1 startup methods
>
> and also:
> level 1 : methods invoked by tests
> level 2 : methods invoked by level 1 test methods
>
> and also primitive methods which have fallen through (see example report
>  from a "naked" 7033 image start up below).
>
> I'm using
> - http://people.squeakfoundation.org/proj/Goya/
> for that, which can produce nice sets of methods which do or don't invoke
> each other.
>
> Let me know what other requirements you have for the 3.9 kernel image,
> perhaps I can address them with method coloring.
>
> /Klaus

Well, this can help us to clean the kernel image. Try to remove what
you can, it may be useful for later license audit.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but
when there is nothing left to take away." -- - Antoine de Saint
Exupery

-- Pavel